European Spring

Air Asia stopped flying to Europe, but I had to go, so I researched hard and came up with a great flight in Air France from Singapore to Paris. FIlled in the gaps with Air Asia,Easy Jet, Vueling, British Airways and bmi for a 16 day visit that took in Barcelona, Bilbao in Spain, Menton and Villefanche in France, Monte Carlo in Monaco, Civezza and Imperia in Italy as well as my home neighbourhood, Kew Gardens and Primrose Hill... Not bad. The weather was fantastic, the food superb, the wine flowing and the friends and family warm. I was in the middle of deadlines, had an exam online and an essay to prepare but I managed to find the time for everything, as I discovered it easy to study at airports and I was at quite a few. Highlights of Barcelona and Bilbao Going 'home' to Caversham, it is so evocative that I often forget the simple beauty of it's landscape and very Englishness: London in the spring: After seeing David and my Auntie Anne in London and enjoying some beautiful weather I headed off to Menton, to my dear friend Heidi's place perched between Italy and Monaco in France where we ate and drank the most amazing foods and delicious wines for three whole days...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure