Tripping Along








After I left LA I flew to Washington and met up with my friend Bekah and together we flew to Orlando, Florida where I spent a great night with her mum and her mum's husband George. We went to the beach, Bekah ran and I sat on the beach with George who was very interesting, and gave me some ideas about direction. Being in the midst of such a dynamic interesting family was fantastic after my LA Alone Time.

The next day I went back to Orlando and flew to Nassau in the Bahamas...and entered another dynamic family, the one of Hannah, Jasmine and their mum, Re. The beginning of my Bahamas vacation...the challenge now is to have, to take, to enforce myself into vacation mode..what is that?? I am used to exploring, to seeking out, to engaging with people around me.
Fortunately I am here to help Hannah make a documentary on her work so I have been engaging with people and filming their responses to Hannah's performances both in and out of the water and that has been great..the effect of mermaids on people is really quite profound and definitely joyful.

In pursuit of my own 'vacation' I have attended two yoga classes at the Sivananda Ashram just along the beach, done 40 laps in the pool three mornings in a row, taken long long walks along the quieter beaches of the island and yesterday I did something I was scared of. It's always a goal to do one thing a year, this year it was paragliding, and half the time I was in a state of bliss and half the time I was convincing my self not to 'just let go..' It was a great experience, though if you are unafraid of heights it might be a little dull.

The beach guys here are amazing, their routines are the best ever..I have heard some great pick up lines in my life, and I never thought I would hear one to top the line from the Chevron employee from Perth that I met at Cheap Charlies in Bangkok but yesterday courtesy of Mario came.."Let me take you on a jetski baby, we can get to know each other better and between us discover things that no one else has seen".

Neither getting to know Mario better or jetski riding appeals to me but he wasn't deterred. What fun!

And what fun we have had here, playing and working in the day, visiting the One and Only and discovering the Garden of Good and Evil, taking a motorbike to Cable Beach and then trying unsuccessfully to beat Tropical Storm Bret home, and having girl fun early nights of food and fine, high minded, in depth highly intellectual conversations - about important things like axolotls and Rupert Murdoch's crumbling empire...On my last day we toured the water rides and went up and down slides and rapids and dark tunnels, we cruised through perspex tunnels through the shark tank and bumped our way along The Lazy River and were escalated up the Tower of Power to be released into The Falls..great times .. sad to be leaving.

http://www.gaiadiscovery.com/latest-people/hannah-the-mermaid-raises-awareness-of-marine-magnificence.html

Comments

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KSZufLc3bQ

    This is the You Tube version of the video we made..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure