Ah Canada..

Cool I got to go to Canada! I have been before, 30 odd years ago I went to Niagra Falls twice, once on the American side the other on the Canadian side.




This time I didn't get to exit into Canada real as I transited into US territory on arrival at Vancouver. However, gosh, Vancouver is beautiful and Canadians appear to be a friendly lot, the crew and the service from London was amazing, the entry into no-mans land Canada was welcoming and nothing from this comforting experience could have possibly prepared me for the shock I got on entering "US Territory"! The officious and miniscule man in the strange blue plastic gloves who directed me with military abrasion through my entry process was terrifying. So much so that I could not place my fingers on the scanner in the right way, got my left and right digits mixed up and really became tongue tied when he implied that my name was just a lame misspelling..he called me "Miss Kayti, ma'am..." in such a sarcastic tone of voice that when he welcomed me to The United States I wanted to promise him I wouldn't stay long.

On the flight to LA although the staff were very friendly and the captain was super humorous there was no food service unless you paid for it by credit card. They used the credit card machine, now surely that would require an electronic signal, and if you can use that then a mobile phone must be ok too..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure