In the Garden of Good and Evil

On our day off we went exploring at the far end of the island and discovered a beautiful estate that once belonged to Huntington Hartley. It is now a part of the One and Only Resort but his gardens stretch beyond their boundaries and were created in the style of the Versailles courtyards and goes from the Bay to the Ocean. Stunningly beautiful and haunting it is full of stepped gardens and sculptures that were very romantic and Victorian in theme. Hannah and I took photos tuning in to the spirits of the women that were abandoned on the island as their men left of journeys overseas...


The pillow on my bed is cold,
My man is gone, so I've been told
The seas have kept him for their own
my man, my life, my love, my home..




I fear the loss but hope resides
in my heart I am still his bride
I call to sirens, seducers in sea
you set my lord and lover free




I was his star in the sky at night
I was his joy, his song, his light
I can raise my voice in prayer
I can call him back from there..




Goddess may I be so bold
return my love with heat not cold
that I may hold him in my arms
and let him feast on all my charms



Let mine be the water that he drinks
let mine be the flesh into which he sinks
Oh my man, my life, my home
please come to me and no more roam...






In the Hartley Garden of Good and Evil Paradise Island

Comments

  1. lovely photos you look so happy and beautiful.. both of you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure