West Hollywood to Encino


I decided to take myself out of the canyon, off into the world below regardless of no car or phone, which it turns out is still very lame of me to possess neither but now instead of being apologetic I am determined I can negotiate my way about without either. As it turns out this is not so difficult, maybe a little more effort required that's all.
So I walked ALL the way down the canyon, with my lap top in my bag, turned left at the gas station on Franklin, found an awesome juice bar called Live.Raw.Real, ordered a juice, set up my lap top and spend the time making arrangements on gmail phone. I kept one eye on the Scientology Centre for Celebrities but noticed nothing. The people dropping into the juice bar seemed quite regular types, there was a Dave Navarro look alike but I think he had a slightly Australian accent.

Then I headed to Gelson's supermarket which overwhelmed me with choice, I was picking up things to make for lunch over where Beau was staying in Encino. The supermarket ordered a cab for me, the American level of service is very high. So with my purchases, more goats cheese and tomatoes, I enjoyed a long cab ride to the beautiful suburb of Encino.

Beau was hit by a car three weeks ago, he sustained injuries to his leg that are severe and painful, yet he is a) lucky and b) has an awesome attitude to his recovery and rehabilitation. Hanging out with him for the afternoon was really wonderful.

Later on others arrived and we ended up having a dinner together, putting people in a room who haven't seen each other for many years is becoming a theme of this adventure.
I was introduced to one of Beau's oldest friends, Nicholas, and while he said we had met it wasn't for about twenty minutes that I recognized him as someone I had been away on a weekend to the Blue Mountains with when Severen was just a tiny baby some twenty two years before.

It was all rather Big Chill but with a broken leg rather than a death and a pizza instead of spaghetti..which to my mind was a positive thing and made for a great evening.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure