Last Night in London

The familiar streets of London.



Favourite buses : 137, 22, 19, 49 and 10 ...

Favourite corner: from here you can go left to Chelsea: King's Road along Sloane Street, straight on for Knightsbridge and the museums and left for Kensington High Street. There's the park with the Serpentine, the Peter Pan statue, the ice creams on Saturdays and the prancing ponies.


Saying goodbye to London always hurts a little, the questions remain, mostly why and how did I end up out in the Wide World that Rat cautions Mole against:

"'Beyond the Wild Wood comes the Wide World,' said the Rat. 'And that's something that doesn't matter, either to you or me. I've never been there, and I'm never going, nor you either, if you've got any sense at all.'"

There's no one answer but I did go beyond the river bank and through some very wild woods and although I relish deeply all the opportunities I have had to travel to lands far and wide I wonder what would have become of me if I had chosen to remain by the river?

Our last night in London was spent doing London things..eating an artichoke pasta dish before heading into the West End and after admiring the beauty and elegance of it's architecture attending the Trafalgar Studio theatre to be be provoked by the production of "Belongings" which I, for some absurd reason thought was going to be about a girl freeing her father form the regime in Tehran. I knew I was wrong when the first character on the stage was a girl in a desert soldiers uniform followed only moments later by the appearance on stage of a completely naked middle aged and somewhat portly man who turned out to be her father... it didn't get any less complicated as the play moved into it's plot which revolved around the role of women in a male society who take the "If you can't beat them join them approach".

The content was stimulating and gave rise to much conversation on the journey home, and it terms of value it was a good play as we all had something to say about it and how effective it was a getting its point across.

Then it was bed by midnight and up early for the train to Heathrow where Kepsi and I took separate planes to diverse destinations to conclude our adventures individually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure