Last Day in LA LA Land








I love Los Angeles, with a big heart! I love the way the waiters compliment you on your choices, the way they always behave so gracefully, even though I think it maybe because they want to be tipped. I'd tip a surly waiter anyway because it is a hard job to be so so nice to people all day long.

I met up with Beau for a bakery brunch and marveled at his awesome recovery rate and also his exceptional skills in articulation on the subject of relationship dynamics which make him fascinating to listen to and an object of my deepest admiration. The coffee was superb too and we ate delicious pannini with mozarella and basil and arugula..mmm and then he left me to wander Abbott Kinney and peruse the shops for hours until my feet hurt really badly and I had to limp home!




Then later Dylan and Hope came by and we went to Hama: Suchi at the beach an great diner style place that we thought may have been a bit 'sketchy' on the outside but was filled to the brim with hip and happpening types. I have to say none so hip or happening than us as we conducted the interview of Hope's adventures in Kabul on her internship as a dentist with a volunteer dental program, and had a lot of fun over the bits that will end up 'off the record' ..

I dined on the most delicious vegetarian sushi roll, shared a magnificent mushroom dish served in a fried spring roll wrapper plate and some vegetable gyozus. And because Hope had to drink her sake surreptitiously, she had no ID, and Dylan and I got more than our fair share of sake it was a warming and joyous night. One poor waiter lost a tray of drinks, mostly water, it was so busy and at the bar people were doing 'sake into beer' shots by balancing their little sake cups on two chopsticks across the beer and then banging the bar so the cups of sake fall into the beer.
Everyone wishes you well, have a great night and thank you for coming..it is all very smooth and well meaning, but I wouldn't like to go out in a bad mood, or have a relationship break up at the bar because it would be too tempting to get cynical. It is a town that hustles for tips both actually and metaphorically.
We got the interview completed and then spent a little while on the beach with the Treeman a performance artist who walks around on stilts dressed as a tree saying Tree you later..

Then I went home to my single person apartment and did some reading while the cat fell asleep on me, so cozy, so at home..I do like it here in this single life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure