Tripping Out

This is just tripping out..so I went to Singapore, confident that all the instructions I had left, the money I had paid and the reliability of all those I had engaged would combine to ensure I returned to a straightforward move tomorrow.


How could I have known that my assistant had been held captive in his temple for the last three days following a fall, that the rain had prevented the workers at the new house from painting but allowed them time to smash all the floor tiles in preparation for the new floor which cannot be made now because of the rain.

How could I know that on waking this morning all these disasters lay ahead ..because none of them thought to sms me, leave me a note or any other form of communication..so here I am in a house that is half packed with my assistant negotiating a release form the priests and the rain falling down.

Should I have recognized the signs like the oh so rude taxi driver from the airport, the crazy traffic and the general malaise that has people leaving the island 'in droves' or this just one of life's constant challenges.

Ah well, I passed my exams !

And as moving has to be the most horrendous thing a person can do it is only fair to complete the story ..now my pembantu tells me he can't work tomorrow either because it is a very important day for him at the temple, if he doesn't go it may mean he gets possessed by evil spirits again. I was quite happy for him to explain his story but suggested as this was the only day in the entire year that was crucial for me to have his help he might want to think about what I felt even though I said it was ok for him not to come to work..the streets were flooded this morning and every thing we moved was wet, so in the new house there are wet boxes, wet furniture and a wet bed..So instead of as planned moving in and setting up I am waiting for everything to dry off the floor to be cemented , the paint to dry and my pembantu to be exorcised of what ever ails him..another day in Bali..and because my card was eaten by an atm machine it is a extra odd day as I have no money to do anything with, like eat, but why should I feel so special I am sure many people have entire lives like this.

Comments

  1. always a joy and inspiration to read kayti's travel blogs robert x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure