Singapore






MMmmmm, I am loving Singapore for a number of reasons..

1 I have managed to catch up on so much work that was hanging over my head just by not being at home amongst the moving boxes and my daily life and instead incubated in a lovely third floor apartment in a leafy suburb.

2 I am staying with Tara who works harder than I do and is great company be it silently working, eating at lovely cafes or browsing the shops in Little India for fabric.

3 Functionality and diversity, Singapore works but also has the ambient nature of a multicultural city , yesterdays taxi driver was Chinese and a polyglot who taught us some Indian words.

4 Singapore is welcoming - people are friendly..Tara and I joined a table of people at a Quiz Night and they were so nice, they were mostly from New Zealand and while it helped that Tara and knew a lot of answers and thus aided the win although I don't think that affected their friendly manner.

My highlight moment of glory was:
In which story did two countries go to war over the way to cut a boiled egg?

And yesterday at the Prince of Wales a lovely boy, again from Christchurch, spent some time with us having an interesting conversation about his education..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure