Happiness is best shared..

That was wisdom from Christopher McCandless, the young man who went to Alaska on a trip to find authenticity, and rid himself of the superficial.. I take his posthumous advice to heart.

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh I helped out two young British girls with currency/visa stuff and we ended up sharing a cab into the city, only to find out one set of their parents live near mine..small world.. but smaller world-ish and more fun was having Geoff and B waving welcome greetings from the foyer of the hotel I am staying at..

We had to rush: England was playing Slovenia in a match and Geoff and B had a train to catch, meaning we shared some precious time with pho, tv at the Voodoo Bar and beer, then made heartfelt farewells until we realised we would all be together again on Monday!

Seeing them off and with England one up on Slovenia meant I was honour bound, as a carrier of a British Passport, to take my seat on the street at the cafe to watch the rest of the match, and being as I was the only English person attempting to understand the Vietnamese commentary the regulars bought me a beer and cheered me as England maintained its victorious position of 1 - nil..

Vietnam, and the Word Cup, bringing together a strangely symbiotic harmony of my own past.
I will tell the story, but later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure