And now it really is goodbye..

The evening with Lilli could not have been finer, she is an excellent cook, serves a beautiful meal with delicious wine and is a great host..she inspired me, as did her home and her kitchen implements!









The next morning I was off at six am through the already bustling streets in a taxi to the airport. Check in was fine, plane arrived on time, sat next to a lovely man, a teacher from Belgium, who made me focus less on the stress of the connecting flight..which despite the luggage taking ages and getting into a bit of panic I made in plenty of time. Bella exhausted and happy was there too and we boarded our flight, as planned all along, to return to Bali after our individual adventures.

We were headed straight for the taxi booth when the open arms of Stuart embraced us both and before we knew what was happening we were being chaperoned out of the chaos of the airport, into his car and off to dinner at Kaizan!

A fine welcome home indeed, only to be almost matched by the sheer excitement of Titus when we eventually opened the doors to our home. And here we are in our lovely Bali home where the winds blow through the house, the garden is lush and green and all is well within.

And so ends Tripping Out Alone : Vietnam..I loved the country , the food was incredible and the people were really funny at times. The experience of the history of the country through the museums and the work of Professor Nahn in Hue. The beauty and diversity of the scenery..the Hmong and Red Dzau of Sapa, being close to the Chinese border, being IN Vietnam...I loved it all. it was a profound experience on so many levels and I am very very glad I went Tripping Out Alone.



So to those of you who have read this blog, thank you for your company, I have enjoyed writing this adventure and now know I can just do it all by myself!

Thank you:

Special thanks have to go to Ian Crawshaw, who introduced me many years ago to Cushla and then Christa, without these two I would not have met Claire or Lilli, the extended friendships that have been created will be nurtured with fine food and wine, forever forwards..
And of course thanks to my beautiful girls without whom I would have always been alone.

Comments

  1. sweet! thanks you kaytii! but isn't that the best thing about being introduced to firends of friends, it can set off a whole chain reaction roller coaster to the unexpected!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure