Leaving Sapa -

This morning the Black Dzao stopped by to say goodbye, I really thought that maybe they wanted me to buy some last minute stuff, but it seemed they just wanted to farewell. They said when I come back they'll be there, two years, five years, just come back..

I'll get back one day I hope, but will the tourists still come to Sapa when the hill tribe people are so aggressive. I realized how very lucky I was, everyone had tales of being accosted, of being scared, of being 'hunted' and if this continues people won't go..the staff in the cafes and hostels make no attempt to keep the guests free from this hassle and the reaction from all the tourists and trekkers I have now heard from is one of discomfort and harassment..






Maybe I could return and hold seminars on sustainable tourism..Approaching the customer 101...

The train left at 9.35 and arrived finally in Hanoi around 8.30, the air conditioner didn't work, no one bought fish but some one bought eggs, the young guy sitting next to me went stir crazy and got off the train at some random point outside Hanoi, no station apparent.







I talked to a Norwegian traveler who was going straight from 11 hours train to 35 hours of flying..I felt like I couldn't complain, and went from the station straight to my hotel having missed the movies. There they moved me to another place, on a busy street but it means I get a better room tomorrow. I am just too tired to find the logic in that statement..so I went out to find food and came across the great street cafe from my first night, and sitting there were a couple from the train, Cedric and Gabrielle. We had a chat, and arranged to meet in Bali later in the year..

And now I am in a tiny hotel and the lights keep going on and off...Lovely to be back in the big city..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure