Pretty Hue

Today was National Exam Day so many of the people who would be wandering around were in school and although the streets seemed a little subdued they were still lively. I headed into the regular shopping area and had a really good idea. I bought new frames for my glasses. The reason I have been not wearing them and suffering at the consequences, dog meat rolls and headaches, is that they were broken. I felt somewhat disadvantaged and rather pathetic wearing them like that. So I tried not to.

But now I am sighted and the world is a beautiful place, I can actually see what I am doing! And see how pretty is Hue...






From the China Shop




THE CITADEL








The ancient Citadel of Hue is a place to loose yourself in your imagination and hear the sounds, smell the aromas and see the sights of what was once a living, thronging, singing , tennis playing city of Emperors.

A polite sign tells you that there where more ancient buildings, but they got bombed. And as communism really doesn't support the restoration of the ancient imperialist regime the citadel is sort of rag tag and disheveled which only adds to its charm.
I visited the Forbidden Purple City, sort of hoped to see pictures of Prince somewhere, but no, just lots of lovely families dressing up in clothing for photos who asked me to take their photos so all of them could be in the photos..





Everyone today was friendly, a sweet Australian couple a the entrance, no 'f' words from them, the Vietnamese family and when I found a breezy pavilion in the heat of day I attracted an Italian man. Wish I knew how I did it!
He is from Sicily and has bought a motorbike, he asked me for suggestions about roads to take..seriously. So I shared my copy of Lonely Planet and he got his version out and we compared the editions, looked at different information and pages together. He thinks the traffic is crazy here, on the other hand I don't.
The someone else came to 'join' us and it broke our moment so we parted. The Italian had beautiful teeth, and I confess I was thinking about them just a moment later when some dude walked by me and said "Nice teeth". I was taken by surprise so I looked around and he repeated "You have nice teeth". Weird moment...

I joined some people on the pavement for a cold drink and took their photos, which they thought was hysterical, and we shared some shade before I moved on to the next part of town. I had to have a sugar cane juice, it was so hot and I hadn't eaten since about seven. The street seller engaged me in an interesting conversation about marriage, she told me if the man is no good then it is nothing to get rid of them, it is not important to life to keep a man who is no good..Weird moment 2...






Nearby was a boy with nice hair so I took his photo, I am sorry I didn't take a picture of the Sicilian's teeth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contact!

Bahamania - days of luxury and leisure